A. Except upon application to and issuance by the city of a permit, it shall be unlawful to do any work in any right-of-way. Work for which a permit is required shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
1. Placing or maintaining any structure within a right-of-way.
2. Spilling, dumping, discharging or depositing any material within a right-of-way.
3. Excavating, filling, or grading any land, or constructing any structure when said activity does or is likely to result in any deposit of dirt, mud, rock, debris or other material within a right-of-way.
4. Cutting, pruning, or disturbing any brush, trees or landscaping within a right-of-way.
5. Cutting, digging, marring or otherwise disturbing the road, road bed, road surface, sidewalk, sidewalk bed, sidewalk surface or any other portion of a right-of-way.
6. Painting or marking, including utility locate markings, within the right-of-way.
B. A separate permit shall be required for each separate work occurring on or in a right-of-way, as determined by the city engineer.
C. A separate permit shall be required for each separate person, firm or corporation working in any right-of-way, as determined by the city engineer.