A. Except where specifically defined in this chapter, all words used in this title shall carry their customary meanings. Words used in the present tense include the future; the plural includes the singular and vice versa; the word “shall” is mandatory; “may” is permissive; the words “used or occupied” are considered as though followed by the words “or intended, arranged, or designed to be used or occupied;” and the word “lot” includes the words “plot, tract, or parcel.”
B. Any word not specifically defined in this chapter shall have the meaning as defined by and determined by the city in accordance with the provisions of:
1. The Revised Code of Washington (RCW);
2. The Washington Administrative Code (WAC);
3. North American Industry Classification System (NAICS), 2017 Edition or as subsequently updated;
4. Webster’s Dictionary; and
5. Administrative code interpretations by the city.
C. Any question or uncertainty about the meaning of a word used in this title may, at the sole discretion of the city, be resolved by an administrative code interpretation.