Decisions on all Type 4 permit applications shall be made by the city council following an open record public hearing.
A. Applications for Type 4 permits shall be processed by the city in accordance with the following procedures, unless the applicant is otherwise notified in writing:
1. Preapplication conference.
2. Determination of completeness.
3. Notice of application.
4. Preliminary staff determination of consistency including:
a. Review for consistency with the Cle Elum comprehensive plan; and
b. Review for compliance with the Cle Elum Municipal Code.
5. Consultation with the Confederated Tribes and Bands of the Yakama Nation, the Confederated Tribes of the Colville Reservation, and the Snoqualmie Tribe, as appropriate.
6. SEPA threshold determination.
7. Distribution of the proposed amendments to state and local agencies, as appropriate, for review and comment.
8. Preparation of a city staff report containing preliminary determination of consistency and recommendations, including potential mitigating measures. This report shall be forwarded to the designated hearing body and available for public review fifteen days prior to the open record public hearing.
9. An open record public hearing shall be conducted by the designated hearing body, in accordance with established procedures. This may include:
a. A presentation by city staff including submittal of staff report and application materials for record, as well as any written comments received prior to the hearing.
b. Presentation by the applicant and the submittal of any additional information for the record.
c. Public comments and the submittal of any additional information for the record.
d. Questions from the hearing body.
e. Rebuttal, response or clarifying statements by city staff and the applicant.
10. A review of the complete record by the hearing body and the preparation of a recommendation to the city council, as applicable.
11. The recommendation of the hearing body along with a complete copy of the record shall be provided to the city council for review prior to their decision, as applicable.
12. City council review and action.
13. Issuance of a notice of decision.
C. A decision on a Type 4 application shall be effective upon approval unless otherwise provided, and/or unless an appeal is filed in a timely manner in accordance with the provisions of this title.