A. All applications shall be submitted on such forms and shall provide such information as may be prescribed by the city; provided, that:
1. All applications shall be signed by the property owner or show owner consent to the application by the agent acting on the owner’s behalf.
2. Applicable fees and deposits shall be submitted at the time of application unless otherwise specified. All predevelopment review fees or preapplication review fees shall be paid before the city will issue a determination of completeness.
3. The applicant shall be responsible for the preparation of all application materials including all special studies and reports. This may include, but is not limited to, the following, which shall be prepared by a qualified professional:
a. Environmental checklist;
b. Critical area reports;
c. Survey and site plan;
d. Landscaping plans;
e. Storm water modeling;
f. Fire flow calculations;
g. Transportation studies and traffic impact analysis; and
h. Preliminary civil plans.
B. Upon acceptance of an application, the city will review all materials to determine if the application is complete and ready for processing. Within twenty-eight days of receipt, unless otherwise provided in a development agreement or approved subarea plan, the city shall mail or provide the applicant in person written notification that either:
1. The city has determined the application to be complete, establishing the date that the application is ready for processing. This notification may also include:
a. A description of the process to review the application(s) and projected time frames;
b. To the extent known by the city, other agencies that may also have jurisdiction over the application and/or other permits or approvals that may be required;
c. Additional information that may be required to complete the review of the application; and
d. A preliminary determination of consistency.
2. The city has determined the application to be incomplete and what is necessary to make the application complete, as well as the time frames for submitting additional information.
a. Upon receipt of the additional information within the required time frames, the city shall notify the applicant within fourteen days if the application is complete, or that additional information is required.
b. The applicant may request a time extension to submit the requested information. The city may grant or deny the request or grant a time extension different than requested. All time extensions must be made in writing.
c. If the applicant fails to respond or to submit the requested information in the established time frames, the city shall notify the applicant in writing that the application has lapsed and become void.
3. If a determination is not made within the required time frame, the application shall be automatically deemed to be complete.
4. A permit application is complete for purposes of this section when it meets the procedural submission requirements of the city and is sufficient for continued processing even though additional information may be required, or project modifications may be undertaken subsequently. The determination of completeness shall not preclude the city from requesting additional information or studies either at the time of notice of completeness or subsequently if new or additional information is required or substantial changes in the proposed action occur, as determined by the department.