The following standards and criteria shall be used by the planning commission and city council to evaluate a request for rezone. Such an amendment shall be granted only if the request is found to be consistent with the following:
1. The proposed rezone is consistent with the comprehensive plan.
2. The proposed rezone and subsequent development would be compatible with development in the vicinity.
3. The proposed rezone will not unduly burden the transportation system in the vicinity of the property with significant adverse impacts which cannot be mitigated.
4. Adequate public utilities and public facilities are available to serve subsequent development.
5. Circumstances have changed substantially since the establishment of the current zoning district to warrant the proposed rezone.
6. The proposed rezone will not adversely affect the health, safety and general welfare of the citizens of the city.