A. Voluntary Correction. Whenever the code enforcement official or a City of Cle Elum law enforcement officer determines that a vehicle is a public nuisance and in violation of this chapter, an attempt shall be made, in accordance with the CEMC Code enforcement chapter as adopted and hereafter codified, including amendments thereto, to secure voluntary correction from the landowner and the vehicle’s registered owner.
B. Enforcement of Civil Violations. If the code enforcement official or City of Cle Elum law enforcement officer does not obtain voluntary correction of the public nuisance within thirty days, the officer may issue a notice of infraction to the landowner of record and/or the vehicles last registered owner of record, which shall be filed with the Cle Elum municipal court and processed in accordance with appropriate rules and procedures. Alternatively, the code enforcement official or City of Cle Elum law enforcement officer may issue a civil violation to the landowner of record and the vehicle’s last registered owner of record, in accordance with the procedures set forth below.
C. Content. For violations of this chapter, the notice of civil violation shall contain the following information:
1. The name and address of the landowner of record upon whose property the vehicle is located;
2. The name and address of the vehicle’s last registered owner of record provided license or vehicle identification numbers are available;
3. The vehicle description including: the license plate number and/or the vehicle identification number, the model year, the make, and the factors which render the vehicle a public nuisance;
4. The street address of a description sufficient for identification of the property where the vehicle is located;
5. The required corrective action and a date and time by which the correction must be completed;
6. The procedures and hearing process and procedures for other enforcement action shall be conducted in accordance with the CEMC Code enforcement chapter as adopted and hereafter codified, including amendments thereto, or as otherwise provided in applicable codes, rules and regulations.